Welcome to the Geography department at Friends' School Lisburn.
To give pupils an opportunity to:
- develop and apply pupils’ understanding of geographical concepts and processes tounderstand and interpret our changing world
- develop their awareness of the complexity of interactions within and between societies, economies, cultures and environments at scales from local to global;
- develop as global citizens who recognise the challenges of sustainability and the implications for their own and others’ lives •improve as critical and reflective learners aware of the importance of attitudes and values, including their own
- become adept in the use and application of skills and new technologies through their
- geographical studies both in and outside the classroom
- be inspired by the world around them, gain enjoyment and satisfaction from their geographical studies and understand their relevance.