Welcome to the ICT Department at Friends' School Lisburn.
We hope that our department page provides you with the information that you need, but if not please use the contact form provided to send us forward details of the information you require and we will endeavor to get back to you as soon as possible.
It is our aim to ensure that all young people are learning, with, through and about the use of digital and online technologies. By providing pupils with knowledge of ICT and related skills we aim to improve their capacity for both independent and collaborative learning and enhance their employability. ICT is both a compulsory component of the curriculum and a separate subject. Specifically a study of ICT aims:
- To help pupils to develop the skills needed to be economically active in the global economy
- To enhance and individualise the pupil’s educational experience, helping them to enjoy learning, improve their performance and raise standards
- To improve the pupil’s standards in literacy, numeracy and other areas of study
- To blur the boundary between learning in and out of school, extending the partnership between school, parents and the community
- To motivate and enthuse pupils in their learning